A question on ECC

Earl Manning emanning at austin.rr.com
Mon Apr 14 10:06:08 EDT 2003

Hi Tom and Edward,

I guess I misunderstood the question.  I didn't realize that the image was already up and running.  On my board I got that message because I had laid down the original image on the NAND flash without putting ECC into the OOB.

Althought, it does sound like new writes do use the SOFT ECC flag and that is why there are no complaints.  How did you get the ECC stuff into the OOB to start with?

Earl