the procedure setting up jffs2

Karim Yaghmour karim at opersys.com
Thu Sep 12 20:15:27 EDT 2002

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> in message <3D811741.FB5178A at opersys.com> you wrote:
> >
> > The chip you mention is bottom-boot, so the above will very likely wipe-out
> > the bootloader. You probably want to partition your MTD device by modifying
> > the mapping driver and then write the JFFS2 image to another partition then
> > /dev/mtd0. Check drivers/mtd/tqm8xxl.c for an example.
>
> We (more  or  less)  consider  this  method  of  static  partitioning
> obsolete.

So do I. Unfortunately, drivers/mtd/cmdline.c is only available in the MTD
CVS for the time being (and Denx's kernel sources ;). Neither 2.5.34 nor
2.4.19 include this code. Instead, they currently include drivers/mtd/bootldr.c
which is only for ARM. Do you have any idea when cmdline.c will be part of the
mainline kernel?

Karim

                 Karim Yaghmour
               karim at opersys.com