nftl problem

Radu Corlan rcorlan at pcnet.ro
Tue Feb 26 20:30:13 EST 2002

> > Anyway, i gave up on nftl; my mtd seems to run ok now, as i put a ext2
> > filesystem on the mtdblock0 device and it runs fine.
> >
> > But i can;t get jffs2 to work - i used the code from the latest snapshot
> > on the infradead site - is it ok? Can i get a 'stable' version somewhere?
> > my kernel is 2.4.2.
> What does not work on JFFS2? You must setup the ECC config in your nand16
> driver.

I didn't do the 16-bit stuff yet - use just one chip at this time. when i
try to mount the jffs2 fisesystem, i get a loong delay; with debug
enabled, it seems that it scans the device for freespace markers or
something; After that, is mounts the filesystem, shows the right amount of
free space, but when i write to it, the changes are not maintained over a
remount or reboot.

But i'm just thinking: the ppc is big endian; maybe i must set the option
on mkfs?

Radu

> There's a lot of development going on. But try to use the code from CVS. I
> have just updated the nand stuff to support variable command delays and fixed
> a the CONFIG_ECC_LAYOUT stuff in nand.c

> --
> Thomas
> Thomas Gleixner, autronix automation GmbH
> auf dem berg 3, d-88690 uhldingen-muehlhofen
> fon: +49 7556 919891 , fax: +49 7556 919886
> mail: gleixner at autronix.de, http://www.autronix.de

Radu Corlan           Snail Mail: Bucuresti sect. 1,
rcorlan at pcnet.ro             str. Argentina nr. 28, 71206 Romania

   You can still escape the "Gates" of Hell!
                 Use Linux!