nftl problem

Thomas Gleixner gleixner at autronix.de
Tue Feb 26 13:03:15 EST 2002

On Wednesday, 27. February 2002 01:46, Radu Corlan wrote:
> Before i gave up on nftl, i found the following problem: nftl accesses the
> flash through the read_ecc and write_ecc function pointers in the slave
> mtd_info structure. However, when the slave structure is initialised, only
> the read and write function pointers are filled, not the read_ecc and
> write_ecc; i got kernel panic out of this, which got away when i filled
> the fields.
>
> Anyway, i gave up on nftl; my mtd seems to run ok now, as i put a ext2
> filesystem on the mtdblock0 device and it runs fine.
>
> But i can;t get jffs2 to work - i used the code from the latest snapshot
> on the infradead site - is it ok? Can i get a 'stable' version somewhere?
> my kernel is 2.4.2.
What does not work on JFFS2? You must setup the ECC config in your nand16
driver.
There's a lot of development going on. But try to use the code from CVS. I
have just updated the nand stuff to support variable command delays and fixed
a the CONFIG_ECC_LAYOUT stuff in nand.c

--
Thomas
Thomas Gleixner, autronix automation GmbH