nftl problem

Thomas Gleixner gleixner at autronix.de
Tue Feb 26 13:37:40 EST 2002

On Wednesday, 27. February 2002 02:30, Radu Corlan wrote:

> I didn't do the 16-bit stuff yet - use just one chip at this time. when i
> try to mount the jffs2 fisesystem, i get a loong delay; with debug
> enabled, it seems that it scans the device for freespace markers or
> something; After that, is mounts the filesystem, shows the right amount of
> free space, but when i write to it, the changes are not maintained over a
> remount or reboot.
>
> But i'm just thinking: the ppc is big endian; maybe i must set the option
> on mkfs?
Due to the fact, that we changed the complete layout, there's currently no
support to use a Image, which was built on your development system. Use the
raw flash. mount it. copy files to it. Please get the latest source out of
CVS. There was a change in nand.c concerning the delays and the ECC_LAYOUT.
Enable Use JFFS2 layout for OOB area (CONFIG_MTD_NAND_ECC_JFFS2).

--
Thomas
Thomas Gleixner, autronix automation GmbH