[Ppcboot-users] PPCBoot can't read my jffs2 image

Nye Liu nyet at zumanetworks.com
Tue Apr 2 12:55:05 EST 2002

Andrew:

Until *very* recently, linux mtd has been a bit behind the main mtd
development; check your linux/include/linux/jffs2.h;

If the structures are missing "attribute packed" you have an older
kernel.

I recommend recompiling either 1) ppcboot with unpacked structures or
2) updating your linux kernel AND mtdtools (your mkfs.jffs2 may also be
out of date), making sure that the include file matches for all three
when you are done ;)