trouble compiling mkfs.jffs2

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Sat Sep 15 15:12:57 EDT 2001

Hi!

> In order to re-flash my embedded root filesystem with
> the correct erase block size, I have transferred all files
> to my desktop system (an older Debian 2.2) and read up
> on using mkfs.jffs2.  I couldn't find a pre-compiled binary
> in a quick and lazy search so I grabbed the cvs tree,
> cd util, and make mkfs.jffs2.  (did the configure thing too,
> but that didn't fix this problem.)
>
> [more error descriptions]

Just a wild guess, but Debian 2.2 (aka Potato) is based on the 2.2
Kernel series. This also effects a bunch of files in the /usr/include
tree and might be the cause of your problems.
You could update your Debian system to testing/Woody or simply
temporarily symlink /usr/include/linux to /usr/src/linux/include - if
that one belongs to a current kernel version.

Jörn

--
Every good work of software starts by
scratching a developer's personal itch.