Re(2): trouble compiling mkfs.jffs2

James Schettine james at telos-systems.com
Mon Sep 17 09:06:55 EDT 2001

joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de writes:
>Just a wild guess, but Debian 2.2 (aka Potato) is based on the 2.2
>Kernel series. This also effects a bunch of files in the /usr/include
>tree and might be the cause of your problems.
>You could update your Debian system to testing/Woody or simply
>temporarily symlink /usr/include/linux to /usr/src/linux/include - if
>that one belongs to a current kernel version.

Thanks...  I got it to compile (v1.15), but when I run it
it creates a file size == one erase block.

A quick web search led me to :
ftp://ftp.uk.linux.org/pub/people/dwmw2/iPAQ/mkfs.jffs2.1.8
running it --version sez 1.7 and it creates the whole 5 meg
but my kernel complains bitterly that the fs is too old.

If I could grab a binary somewhere I could move on.
If no-one can point me to a binary, I guess I'll
be debugging this app on a 2.2 kernel.
(my boss threatens to "just go back to WinCE"!)

Thanks  J