how to get MTD support - need expert input

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Jun 13 02:43:52 EDT 2001

thockin at sun.com said:
>  What is the best way for me get full support?  Apparently all the
> JEDEC support in 2.4.5 is broken.

Don't even look at the MTD support in 2.4.5. Use 2.4.6-pre3 or later.
There should be something in that which should drive the chip - out of the
jedec.c code, the amd_flash.c code and the hack which detects such flash
chips and uses the CFI driver backend.

If the chips are different you'll need to register them in separate 'map'
drivers - we don't currently support having different chips in the same
mapping, although that's relatively easily fixable if it's absolutely
necessary.

Take a look a drivers/mtd/octagon-5066.c for inspiration. Get your mapping
driver working with the map_rom chip driver first and then we can worry
about the flash in it.

What flash chips are you likely to be using?

--
dwmw2