LOCK and UNLOCK functions

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jan 11 15:03:40 EST 2001

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Alice Hennessy wrote:

> 1. It doesn't appear to me that suspend affects the locking and
> unlocking flowcharts - only program and erase.  Is this a correct
> assumption?

What do you mean? Suspend affects everything, because we're about to turn
off the chip (the oldstate stuff is a thinko). If we're in the middle of
telling the chip to lock/unlock then suspend has return failure till we're
finished.

> 2. The mtdchar.c ioctl call for MEMUNLOCK passes the start and len
> addresses.  The unlock for the STRATA clears all the lock bits.  So I
> intend to include logic to reinstate the locked bits that are outside
> the desired range.  Sound reasonable?

Hmmm. Better to design the API better so it can describe the capabilities
of the chip. You don't have to stick to what I threw together - I'm full
of crap half the time. Hadn't you realised that yet?

--
dwmw2