booting from doc

Mendel Mobach mendel at mobach.nl
Tue Feb 13 07:07:55 EST 2001

David Hamm wrote:

> Is anyone booting from disk on chip with LILO.  I've tried several different
> methods but still can't do it.  I'm using lilo 21.6, kernel 2.4.0 with mtd
> modules.  I get the following info when I "fdisk /dev/nftla"
>         DiskOnChip Millennium found at address 0xD0000
>         Cannot calculate an NFTL geometry to match size of 0x7cf0.
>         Using C:999 H:16 S:2 (== 0x7ce0 sects)
I have only DOC 2000 chips, sorry

<snap of dos>
> Also Lilo won't install because it doesn't know how to handle device 5d01.
did you use the mtd-lilo from the cvs tree???
That knows how to handle device 5d01
(major: 93 minor 01 = /dev/nftl/disc0/part1 with devfs)
if you want my lilo.conf you can get it.

> If you see anyting that might cause a problem or be different than what you are
> doing please let me know.  Thanks
<snap of signature>
Regards

Mendel Mobach
Mendel Mobach aka BugBlue - mendel at mobach.nl - bugblue at dds.nl
ICQ: 40200278 - IRC: BugBlue (ircnet:#ne2000 undernet:#groningen)
/"\                        |   [Student]
\ /                        |   [IPv6 tester]
 X  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN  |   [coder]
/ \ AGAINST HTML MAIL      |   [Possible security tester]