Problems with cfi_cmdset_0002.c

Jonas Holmberg jonas.holmberg at axis.com
Mon Feb 12 11:31:50 EST 2001

> The 'bootloc == 3' check is supposed to be for devices with
> the smallest
> erase blocks at the top - "Top Boot" devices. Are your
> devices "Bottom
> Boot" devices and _still_ have the regions listed backwards?
> In which case,
> we should probably omit the check for bootloc - they're _all_
> backwards. I
> put that in because I assumed they'd at least got it right
> _somewhere_.
>
> Does anyone else have an AMD bottom-boot device where the CFI
> table is
> correct and doesn't need swapping? If so, maybe we're going
> to have to have
> a table listing which device IDs need swapping and which don't.
>
> Unless someone speaks up fairly quickly, let's assume that
> _all_ the tables
> are backwards and take out the check for bootloc. If that
> breaks later, we
> can come up with something better.

I have now tested with a bottom boot chip also and it works (it is not swapped and should not be). So the problem is how to find out that the top boot chip is a top boot chip. A table does not sound like a very nice solution, but I don't know of any other. The datasheet for the flash chip does not mention the address used to read bootloc:

	bootloc = cfi_read_query(map, (adr+15)*ofs_factor);

> jonas.holmberg at axis.com said:
> > Secondly, the if-statement on line 660:
>
> Yeah. Please commit.

I haven't got commit access...