Preliminary documentation.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Mar 28 05:49:03 EST 2000

I've now put written up the documentation I wrote out by hand last night.
It's at http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/tech/

Comments, please. I haven't yet filled in my suggested restrictions on the
read/write functions, but I have removed the retlen arguments.

As I said, I'm changing the notifier stuff to make it cleaner. I have yet to
actually change the code to fit in with my new documentation.

Also, a couple of questions on the decisions I've made:

1. Is mtd->sync() enough, or could users want more access to the erase queue?

	We could add
		struct erase_info *mtd->eraseq;
		spin_lock_t	mtd->eraseq_lock;
	... and allow users to use that.

2. Is the callback in the erase_info OK or would we be better off having a
wait_queue_head_t instead (or as well)?

--
dwmw2