Bad Block Table

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Mar 28 07:52:13 EST 2000

dviro at lucidvon.com said:
>  But does MTD even care about the BadBlockTable?  That is, does nftl.c
> check that the block that is about to be written to is not in the bad
> block table?

Not yet. That'll come when it handle async erases properly - and keeps a queue
of preerased blocks which are available for writing, rather than going
trawling for a new one each time it needs one.

dviro at lucidvon.com said:
>  Could this explain why I'm getting file system trashes?

If you've got bad blocks of flash, yes. It's more likely that I'm just
violating some of the timing requirements for the DiskOnChip, though.

--
dwmw2