JFFS - ready for submission into 2.[34]?

Alexander Larsson alex at cendio.se
Thu Jun 1 13:13:06 EDT 2000

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, David Woodhouse wrote:

> I'm fairly happy with the current state of the MTD code - my remaining
> niggles are lack of certain functionality rather than stupidities in the
> code, so I'm submitting it to Alan in the hope that he'll include it into
> his 2.4.0-test1-ac kernels - after all, it's "only new drivers."
 Yes! Yes!

> If I get away with that, it would be nice to get JFFS in too - Alex, is the
> code in our CVS ready for that or should we hold off for a while longer?

I will look at it tomorrow at work (Haven't had time before). All
functionallity should be implemented and work. I haven't done any larger
scale testing yet though, so it's definitely experimental. There is a bug
in the mkfs.jffs program though. It generates too big nodes (which the
jffs code can't handle) for files that are larger than 64k.

/ Alex