Integrating 2000 and Millenium drivers

Miguel Freitas miguel at cetuc.puc-rio.br
Mon Aug 14 19:38:31 EDT 2000

    Hi,
    I'm fixing some little things on DOC2000 driver, and I'm wondering
if we could integrate 2k and Millenium drivers in a single file. There
is so many common code in these two drivers that I guess we could
do it like m-sys do: a single driver with a flag to enable all pipeline
stuff from millenium and registers. A single variable pointing to the
IO register would also be nice.
    I agree that from a first version perspective it's better to develop
two drivers. We can work in all 2k or Mil little tricks without breaking
the other. But maybe we are reaching a stable low level routines
where the merge could be done.
    I don't have the millenium hardware, so I would probably break
everything for millenium users if I make this merge. Is there
someone with knowledge of DoC Mil (and spare time!) to help me
with it?

    BTW, I've just begin hacking DoC last month, so forgive me if I'm
missing some good reason why these drivers can't be merged...

Regards,