DOC2000 & NFTL problems (2MB and 64MB devices)

Miguel Freitas miguel at cetuc.puc-rio.br
Mon Aug 14 09:48:56 EDT 2000

Ciro wrote:

> Under DOS everything works fine: the systems detects, identifies
> and formats the DOC. Everything is also fine with the binary-only
> Linux driver provided by M-Systems, under Linux 2.0.38.
> Next, I try Linux 2.2.16 with the mtd driver and patch.
> ...then I get the following message, repeated for all EUNs
> EUN 506: EraseMark not 0x3c69 (0xffff 0xffff instead)

   Sorry for the delay...

   The current driver _does not_ supports NAND chips of 2MB and
64MB due to their addressing mechanism. I've been working on this
last week and I will release a patch in the next few days...
   Also, there should be a problem with 8MB and 16MB nand chips
because they have a larger erase block. My patch also corrects this.
   NOTE: This is not a problem with 8 or 16MB DiskOnChips! It's is a
problem with whatever xxMB DiskOnChips that use 8 and 16MB
nand chips! BTW, a 2MB DiskOnChip = one 2MB nand chip.

Regards,

Miguel Freitas
Center for Telecommunications Studies
CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY - BRASIL