FC 8/9 IDE problems on Ampro LX800 board...

Karthik Ganesan kganesan at handylab.com
Fri May 16 13:03:30 EDT 2008

Hello,
I tried to install Fedora Core 8 and Fedora Core 9 (linux 2.6.23/2.6.24)
and am having IDE problems. I am installing on an Ampro ETX board
(ETX610) which has the secondary IDE channel brought out to two compact
flash slots: one on the ETX board itself and the other one on the base
board. The primary IDE channel is brought out to a standard IDE header
on the baseboard and I have a DVD drive plugged in here.

This ETX board has the Geode LX800 w/ CS5536 chipset.

Perusing the boot messages while installing, I find that libata is using
pata_amd to configure the IDE and is reporting that ata2 (secondary
channel) is disabled! I cannot access either compact flash drive.

      * Should it be using pata_cs5536?
      * Any clues to diagnosing this problem? Does libata parse any
        kernel arguments that I can set to find out more?

Fedora Core 6 (2.6.19) functions very well on this board.

Thanks,
-karthik