Geode lxfb framebuffer not working

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Thu Jun 12 14:52:58 EDT 2008

On 12/06/08 10:34 -0700, Kushal Koolwal wrote:
> Glad to know that someone else has the same issue. Always good to have inputs from more people to help us all resolve the issue.
>
> >  I want to help, but I need your help to get me started.
> Jordan, I am there to help to resolve this issue. Just let me know all the information that you need (outputs, register info, config files, etc). I am not an expert in debugging kernel level stuff therefore I need to know what I should be sending you guys.

Step 1 is to try a kernel from GIT HEAD.

Step 2 is to send us the complete dmesg output.  What BIOS are you using?

Step 3 is to send us the fbset information from a broken system

step 4 is to tell us what your monitor thinks it is driving (there is usually
a information button that says what the current xres yres and refresh is).

Step 5 is to compile up the the MSR tools from hpa
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/cpu/msr-tools/
And connect via serial or net to the system when it is broken and
send the value of MSR 0x4C000015.

Step 6 is to send the complete output of
/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.1/resource

Jordan