Geode lxfb framebuffer not working

Kushal Koolwal kushalkoolwal at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 12 17:46:36 EDT 2008

> Step 1 is to try a kernel from GIT HEAD.
I followed the instructions at http://linux.yyz.us/git-howto.html and downloaded the GIT repository.

The kernel version that I got was 2.6.26-rc5

The problem with this was that lxfb did not find /dev/fb0 device and hence I was not sure if you still want the outputs that you had asked for.

Here is what the dmesg said:
[    0.000000] Kernel command line: root=/dev/hda1 ro video=lxfb:1024x768-32 at 60
[    0.173548] lxfb 0000:00:01.1: 16 KB of video memory at 0xe0000000
[    0.173679] lxfb 0000:00:01.1: could not find valid video mode
[    0.173780] lxfb: probe of 0000:00:01.1 failed with error -22

and fbset:
debian:~# fbset
open /dev/fb0: No such file or directory
debian:~#

If would still like the full outputs of dmesg, fbset, msr-tool, sys/device/*, etc for this kernel I will attach it. If I did not used the kernel that you were expected then please let me know which kernel I should try.

Thanks.

Kushal Koolwal

I do blog at http://blogs.koolwal.net/

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD