[GIT PULL] Qualcomm ARM64 defconfig more updates for v5.20

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Tue Aug 2 03:22:33 PDT 2022

On Tue, Aug 2, 2022 at 11:53 AM Sudeep Holla <sudeep.holla at arm.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 02, 2022 at 11:44:16AM +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 1, 2022 at 5:35 AM Bjorn Andersson
> > <bjorn.andersson at linaro.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 6:01 PM Bjorn Andersson
> > > <bjorn.andersson at linaro.org> wrote:
> > > >

> > > I don't seem to have received a response on this one, can you confirm
> > > if you were able to pick it up for v5.20?
> >
> > Hi Bjorn,
> >
> > sorry I missed sending out an email. For some reason the automatic notifications
> > don't work for some senders and I have to manually chase those up.
> >

> Ah that explains why I didn't receive notification as well. I noticed
> the changes were pulled. I didn't bother to ask, but now that you mention
> it is likely to be the sender address as I can't send you email to your
> @arndb.de and hence I always use kernel.org. Are these automated emails
> sent via arnd at arndb.de ?

I don't think it has anything to do with my email address. This is about pull
requests that get sent to the soc at kernel.org alias. Patchwork monitors these
and puts them into https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-soc/list/ from
where I can pick them up or reject them using pwclient. Anything sent there
requires an action to get it out of the list of 'New' entries.

In most cases patchwork will then notice when I push out the merge commit
to the for-next branch of the soc tree. However for some senders (Bjorn and
Krzysztof notably), this only works for patch emails but not pull requests, so
I have to use 'b4' to to send an 'applied, thanks' message myself, which I send
using gmail with my kernel.org address as sender.

         Arnd