[GIT PULL] Qualcomm ARM64 defconfig more updates for v5.20

Sudeep Holla sudeep.holla at arm.com
Tue Aug 2 06:52:49 PDT 2022

On Tue, Aug 02, 2022 at 12:22:33PM +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 2, 2022 at 11:53 AM Sudeep Holla <sudeep.holla at arm.com> wrote:

[...]

> > Ah that explains why I didn't receive notification as well. I noticed
> > the changes were pulled. I didn't bother to ask, but now that you mention
> > it is likely to be the sender address as I can't send you email to your
> > @arndb.de and hence I always use kernel.org. Are these automated emails
> > sent via arnd at arndb.de ?
>
> I don't think it has anything to do with my email address. This is about pull
> requests that get sent to the soc at kernel.org alias. Patchwork monitors these
> and puts them into https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-soc/list/ from
> where I can pick them up or reject them using pwclient. Anything sent there
> requires an action to get it out of the list of 'New' entries.
>
> In most cases patchwork will then notice when I push out the merge commit
> to the for-next branch of the soc tree. However for some senders (Bjorn and
> Krzysztof notably), this only works for patch emails but not pull requests, so
> I have to use 'b4' to to send an 'applied, thanks' message myself, which I send
> using gmail with my kernel.org address as sender.

Thanks for the details. I have received those automated "merged" emails in
the past for sure(e.g. my PR for v5.19) but I didn't get this time(PRs for
v5.20).

I assumed it wasn't working that day as I didn't see emails for other PRs
that got merged more or less at the same time. Anyways I have soc tree as
remote and generally check the contents of next especially if I have pending
PR, so I don't rely much on the emails.

--
Regards,
Sudeep