[linux-sunxi] Problem with Allwinner H3 clocks

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Thu Jan 28 22:25:51 PST 2016

Hi,

On 01/28/2016 08:29 PM, Maxime Ripard wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 05:59:18PM +0100, Jean-Francois Moine wrote:

<snip>

>> The A23/A33/H3 (and surely some other SoCs) documentations about
>> the peripheral/periph/periph0/periph1 PLLs say:
>>
>> 	Note: The PLL Output should be fixed to 600MHz, it is not
>> 	recommended to vary this value arbitrarily.
>
> I don't know if it's worth it at this point. The pll6 seems to work
> fine at other rates. Have you experienced any breakage when running at
> another frequency?

Hmm, are we actually changing the freq of pll6 on any SoCs? I know we've
the code to it, but given that it is shared between many pheripherals,
I assume we end up never changing it. I assume / hope that the clock
framework protects against reclocking a clock with multiple users ...

Regards,

Hans