[linux-sunxi] Problem with Allwinner H3 clocks

Maxime Ripard maxime.ripard at free-electrons.com
Thu Jan 28 11:29:31 PST 2016

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 05:59:18PM +0100, Jean-Francois Moine wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 14:16:26 +0100
> Jens Kuske <jenskuske at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > after figuring out how to boot a devicetree kernel with allwinner's
> > u-boot I only had to add the mandatory
> >
> > 	clock-frequency = <24000000>;
> > 	arm,cpu-registers-not-fw-configured;
> >
> > to the timer node and v4.5-rc1 booted successfully. They are
> > intentionally left out in the official dt, because documentation says
> > one should prefer to fix the firmware -> mainline u-boot
> > No problems with clocks or uart here.
>
> You are right, I had these lines in my DT. Thanks.

And even though you had these lines, it was still not working? Or is
it working now? I'm confused.

> But, now, what about the PLL8 (periph1) which should be used by the MMCs?

I just sent another version of the pll6 rework to enable it.

> The A23/A33/H3 (and surely some other SoCs) documentations about
> the peripheral/periph/periph0/periph1 PLLs say:
>
> 	Note: The PLL Output should be fixed to 600MHz, it is not
> 	recommended to vary this value arbitrarily.

I don't know if it's worth it at this point. The pll6 seems to work
fine at other rates. Have you experienced any breakage when running at
another frequency?

Thanks!
Maxime

--