serial: clk: bcm2835: Strange effects when using aux-uart in console

Martin Sperl kernel at martin.sperl.org
Wed Feb 10 09:42:53 PST 2016

> On 10.02.2016, at 18:21, Stefan Wahren <stefan.wahren at i2se.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>> Maybe someone has gotten any idea?
>
> this sounds like an issue i had with the compute module here:
>
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.rpi/2197

This one was fixed - if I remember correctly.

> Unfortunately i don't have the cm anymore.
>
> Maybe you can try this downstream patch:
>
> https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/commit/09041f7ccbd1cde792edae91c41266886d5d1382

I wonder if it is really interrupts that are the root cause
to mee it looks like a clock problem - especially as it actually
impacts the PL011 driver and not the aux driver…

And initializing the other way (pl011 is console, aux as tty)
works without any issues - so it HAS to do with accessing the
PL011 or the clock framework.

Martin