Kirkwood CPU Freq driver

Andrew Lunn andrew at lunn.ch
Fri May 31 01:33:10 EDT 2013

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 12:19:01AM +0100, Adam Baker wrote:
> On 28/05/13 22:51, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> >>I've now tested with the first of these patches applied and the

> >Great that you got it working. Something must of changed in the
> >generic code, since originally a cpu node was not required.
> >
> >The clocks are not needed in node, so please don't list them.
> >
> Andrew, I just tried testing without the clocks line in the .dtsi
> and I get the messages below in dmesg
>
> [   18.554990] ERROR: could not get clock /cpus/cpu at 0:cpu_clk(0)
> [   18.560840] kirkwood-cpufreq kirkwood-cpufreq: Unable to get cpuclk
> [   18.567154] kirkwood-cpufreq: probe of kirkwood-cpufreq failed
> with error -2

Duh! I have forgotten how my driver works! Yes, it needs the node,
with clocks. I even documented it!

Strange thing is, i cannot find a patch adding such a node.

I suggest you add the node to the kirkwood.dtsi. I've never seen any
products using the 88F632X, we have no support for it, and very likely
its much more work needed than just moving a few DT nodes around.

Please submit your patch to Jason.

       Thanks
	Andrew