Kirkwood CPU Freq driver

Jason Cooper jason at lakedaemon.net
Tue May 28 20:58:25 EDT 2013

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 10:36:13PM +0100, Adam Baker wrote:
> On 26/05/13 19:05, Jason Cooper wrote:
> >>
> >>Thanks for testing this. I must admit, i never tested it once the
> >>first rc came out. I clearly should of, because its broken. It was a
> >>three part patch series, and only part 1/3 made it in. Hence the
> >>issues you are seeing.
> >>
> >>Jason, please can you pick up:
> >>
> >>https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/2051401/
> >>https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/2080931/
> >
> >Yep, got them in now.  Sorry for the mix up.
> >

> I've now tested with the first of these patches applied and the
> changes from the second added to my .config
>
> To get it to work I had to follow the instructions in the
> Documentation to add the cpus entry to kirkwood.dtsi so I'll post
> that as a patch in a day or two but after doing that I have a
> working cpufreq driver.
>
> Measuring the power consumption of my NAS server I observed a slight
> reduction in power consumption when the clock rate was reduced. I
> haven't yet measured for long enough to get an accurate measurement
> but it looks like maybe 1/4 W power saving.
>
> Feel free to add
>
> Tested-by: Adam Baker <linux at baker-net.org.uk>

I apologize, but I won't be able to add this.  I'm using a new work
flow, and took the patches in too quickly (well, they had been on the
list a while... :-P)  I should've let them sit in my tree for a few more
days before sending the pull request to arm-soc.  If I had done that, I
could've gone in and added the Tested-by:.  I'll be more careful in the
future.

When you submit v2 of your DT change, please add the Tested-by to that.

Thanks again for testing, we do appreciate the effort.

thx,

Jason.