Kirkwood CPU Freq driver

Adam Baker linux at baker-net.org.uk
Tue May 28 17:36:13 EDT 2013

On 26/05/13 19:05, Jason Cooper wrote:
> On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 10:36:14AM +0200, Andrew Lunn wrote:
>> On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 10:32:04PM +0100, Adam Baker wrote:
>>> I've been trying to test Andrew Lunn's work creating a CPU Idle
>>> driver for Kirkwood.
>>
>> Thanks for testing this. I must admit, i never tested it once the
>> first rc came out. I clearly should of, because its broken. It was a
>> three part patch series, and only part 1/3 made it in. Hence the
>> issues you are seeing.
>>
>> Jason, please can you pick up:
>>
>> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/2051401/
>> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/2080931/
>
> Yep, got them in now.  Sorry for the mix up.

I've now tested with the first of these patches applied and the changes
from the second added to my .config

To get it to work I had to follow the instructions in the Documentation
to add the cpus entry to kirkwood.dtsi so I'll post that as a patch in a
day or two but after doing that I have a working cpufreq driver.

Measuring the power consumption of my NAS server I observed a slight
reduction in power consumption when the clock rate was reduced. I
haven't yet measured for long enough to get an accurate measurement but
it looks like maybe 1/4 W power saving.

Feel free to add

Tested-by: Adam Baker <linux at baker-net.org.uk>

Regards