MVEBU PCI Express support

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon May 6 08:52:25 EDT 2013

Dear Greg,

On Fri, 03 May 2013 19:48:08 +0200, Greg wrote:

> this one is targeted to the Free Electrons guys : should I start
> investigating by myself or are you planning to release a patch for
> supporting PCI express on Marvell Armada* platforms ?

We have already posted 8 versions of the PCIe patches on this list. The
last version is
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2013-April/161968.html.
However, this patch set has a few dependencies, so if you want
something ready-to-use even if not yet in mainline, I would recommend
you to have a look at
https://github.com/MISL-EBU-System-SW/mainline-public/tree/backport-3.8.
This is a 3.8 vanilla kernel into which we have backported a number of
features/fixes, including the PCIe support.

We're hoping to get PCIe support in mainline for 3.11.

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons