[Arm-netbook] getting allwinner SoC support upstream (was Re: Uploading linux (3.9.4-1))

Alexandre Belloni alexandre.belloni at free-electrons.com
Fri Jun 7 04:18:49 EDT 2013

On 07/06/2013 10:06, luke.leighton wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 8:48 AM, Vladimir Pantelic <vladoman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> luke.leighton wrote:
>>>   3 days remaining on the clock.
>>
>> what catastrophic thing will happen when the time runs out?
>  no catastrophe, vladimir: all that happens is that an opportunity is
> lost, and the result of that is that the situation remains as it is,
> with a major soc vendor being divorced from and isolated from the free
> software community, who will continue to have to shoulder the
> frustrating and isolated burden of responsibility of reworking
> "over-the-fence" kernel patches as best they can with the limited
> resources that they have.

I think the question was: what will be done in 3 days that cannot be
undone ? and you didn't answer that. I don't understand why your are
still stating that Allwinner will never be able to get code in the
mainline after Olof and Maxime told you that they are already working,
at least discussing with them.

--
Alexandre Belloni, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com