Build warning in drivers/dma/mmp_tdma.c

Qiao Zhou zhouqiao at marvell.com
Tue Dec 3 20:58:36 EST 2013

On 12/04/2013 09:32 AM, Dan Williams wrote:
> Please read the question, you can refer to of_get_named_gen_pool() for
> why I have a question.  Something in the system needs to do the
> devm_gen_pool_create() for that device.  If you are removing the mmp2
> sram driver are you switching to the generic sram driver?  If so
> shouldn't you ensure it is built? Otherwise this will always fail:
For CPU_MMP2 specifically, it switches to use generic sram driver. But
generally it may not use sram only, a DDR buffer(or other buffer) may
also be a pool. So here we don't add "select SRAM" directly. In this
case we need to enable CONFIG_SRAM in mmp2_defconfig.

If no sram or other similar drivers are enabled, it will throw an error
for warning.

--

Best Regards
Qiao