[GIT PULL] Kirkwood: board changes for v3.7

Jason Cooper jason at lakedaemon.net
Mon Sep 10 01:31:23 EDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 09:34:35PM -0700, Olof Johansson wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>

> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 08:11:29PM -0400, Jason Cooper wrote:
> > The following changes since commit 0d7614f09c1ebdbaa1599a5aba7593f147bf96ee:
> >
> >   Linux 3.6-rc1 (2012-08-02 16:38:10 -0700)
> >
> > are available in the git repository at:
> >   git://git.infradead.org/users/jcooper/linux.git boards-for-v3.7-v2
>
> Hmm, this branch contains one duplicate patch due to me applying one
> straight to our fixes branch ("ARM: Kirkwood: Fix 'SZ_1M' undeclared here
> for db88f6281-bp-setup.c"). I also didn't see that mentioned in the pull
> request below, so I'm guessing you added it afterwards. There are also a
> couple of merge conflicts with other fixes we have already pulled in from
> you, it'd be nice if you just based this branch on those fixes instead.

I'm issuing new pull-requests broken up as you suggested, based on
v3.6-rc5, which incorporates my previous 'fixes-for-v3.6*' pull request.
So, hopefully it should go much better. ;-)

> Also, I wonder if I could have you split up this branch a bit more? My
> suggestions are below. You can have branches build on top of each other where
> there are dependencies, just please point them out when you send the pull
> requests.

Done.

Migration from previous monolithic branch is as follows:

> > Alan M Butler (1):
> >       ARM: Kirkwood: Iomega ix2-200 DT support
>
> New board, so can stay in boards branch

Done, kirkwood/boards

> > Arnaud Patard (3):
> >       ARM: Kirkwood: Describe iconnect keys in DT.
> >       ARM: Kirkwood: Describe iconnect nand in DT.
>
> dt branch material

Done, kirkwood/dt

> >       ARM: Kirkwood: fix Makefile.boot
>
> fixes for 3.6, or fixes-non-critical that we pick up before anything else in
> 3.7, your choice.

dropped from PR, it's in v3.6-rc5

> > Jason Cooper (5):
> >       ARM: Kirkwood: board-dockstar: use linux/platform_data/mvsdio.h instead of plat/mvsdio.h
> >       ARM: Kirkwood: use linux/platform_data/mv643xx.h instead of linux/mv643xx.h
> >       ARM: Kirkwood: Kconfig: keep DT boards together
>
> Those would be cleanup

Done, kirkwood/cleanup.  Except #3 (keep DT boards together), I had to
edit the original patch anyway (submitter new to git), so I incorporated
the change in the original patch.  It was purely menuconfig cosmetic.

> >       ARM: Kirkwood: update defconfig
> >       ARM: Kirkwood: add DT boards to defconfig
>
> defconfig branch

Done, kirkwood/defconfig.  Updated to include km_kirkwood.

> > Sebastian Hesselbarth (2):
> >       ARM: kirkwood: DT board setup for Seagate FreeAgent Dockstar
> >       ARM: kirkwood: DT descriptor for Seagate FreeAgent Dockstar
>
> new boards, board branch

Done, kirkwood/boards.

> > Thomas Petazzoni (15):
> >       arm: add documentation describing Marvell families of SoC
>
> SoC branch or board branch

Done, kirkwood/boards.

> >       mtd: orion_nand: remove <mach/hardware.h> include
>
> cleanup

Taken in via l2-mtd.git, so dropped from my branches, will note the
dependency.

> >       arm: plat-orion: use 'void __iomem *' in addr-map code
>
> Hmm, I would prefer if the actual constants were annotated instead of cast in
> the code here. See how we handled that on tegra with IOMEM(). That will also
> help sparse catch unannotated uses of those constants.
>
> >       arm: plat-orion: introduce PLAT_ORION_LEGACY hidden config option
>
> cleanup or soc
>
> >       arm: plat-orion: make bridge_virt_base non-const to support DT use case
>
> Hm, dt I suppose.
>
> >       arm: mvebu: add basic address decoding support to Armada 370/XP
> >       arm: mvebu: add address decoding controller to the DT
>
> soc patches, I'd say

The above block was one series.  They have been dropped until Thomas can
respond to your comment.

> >       sound: kirkwood: remove useless <plat/audio.h> include
> >       sound: kirkwood: move <plat/audio.h> to <linux/platform_data/kirkwood-audio.h>
> >       usb: ehci-orion: move <plat/ehci-orion.h> to <linux/platform_data/ehci-orion.h>
> >       mmc: mvsdio: move <plat/mvsdio.h> to <linux/platform_data/mvsdio.h>
> >       dma: mv_xor: move <plat/mv_xor.h> to <linux/platform_data/mv_xor.h>
> >       mtd: orion_nand: move <plat/orion_nand.h> to <linux/platform_data/orion_nand.h>
> >       i2c: mv643xx: move <linux/mv643xx_i2c.h> to <linux/platform_data/mv643xx_i2c.h>
> >       net: mv643xx_eth: move <linux/mv643xx_eth.h> to <linux/platform_data/mv643xx_eth.h>
>
> All above are cleanup.

Done, kirkwood/cleanup.

thx,

Jason.