OMAP baseline test results for v3.7-rc1

Paul Walmsley paul at pwsan.com
Sat Oct 20 14:12:35 EDT 2012

On Sat, 20 Oct 2012, Richard Cochran wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 04:27:19PM +0000, Paul Walmsley wrote:
> > > BeagleBone Rev. A6 does not boot v3.7-rc1, at least not for me.
> > > I recently posted the missing patches needed to make it work (but the
> > > patches are not by me).
> >
> > Those are the patches at:
> >
> > http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/lurker/message/20121015.191630.bdae3c50.en.html
> >
> > ?
>
> Yes, that is right. Only the first patch is absoutely required for booting.

OK thanks.

> > Also are you using omap2plus_defconfig?
>
> Yes, but I de-selected a few items. I will try it again without
> changing anything.

Just tried omap2plus_defconfig here and the board didn't boot, confirming
your result.  Will add a section to the testlog README.txt about that.

> > In terms of differences from your setup, looks like we have different
> > X-Loader and u-boot; it wouldn't surprise me if we have different kernel
> > configs too.
>
> What is X-Loader?

It's the "MLO" file on the SD card.  The on-chip ROM code boots that.
Then X-Loader boots U-Boot.  Am not sure if it should still be called
X-Loader - in your log it seems to be identifying itself as "U-Boot SPL" -
so maybe that's not the old "X-Loader" code any more.

- Paul