OMAP baseline test results for v3.7-rc1

Paul Walmsley paul at pwsan.com
Sat Oct 20 12:27:19 EDT 2012

Hi Richard

On Sat, 20 Oct 2012, Richard Cochran wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 05:20:46AM +0000, Paul Walmsley wrote:
> >
> > Here are some basic OMAP test results for Linux v3.7-rc1.
> > Logs and other details at http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/test_v3.7-rc1/

> > Passing tests
> > -------------
> >
> > Boot to userspace: 3517evm, 3530es3beagle, 3730beaglexm, 37xxevm,
> >                    4430es2panda, 5912osk, am335xbone

> BeagleBone Rev. A6 does not boot v3.7-rc1, at least not for me.
> I recently posted the missing patches needed to make it work (but the
> patches are not by me).

Those are the patches at:

http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/lurker/message/20121015.191630.bdae3c50.en.html

?

> Below I include the console log.

Thanks for the report.  Are you using the stock v3.7-rc1 DTS file in
arch/arm/boot/dts/am335x-bone.dts ?  Also are you using
omap2plus_defconfig?

Here's the console log from the boot test here:

http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/test_v3.7-rc1/20121017205513/boot/am335xbone/am335xbone_log.txt

And here's the kernel config and uImage+DTB from the boot test here:

http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/test_v3.7-rc1/20121017205513/build/am33xx_only/

In terms of differences from your setup, looks like we have different
X-Loader and u-boot; it wouldn't surprise me if we have different kernel
configs too.

- Paul