OMAP baseline test results for v3.7-rc1

Tero Kristo t-kristo at ti.com
Thu Oct 18 04:37:16 EDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-10-18 at 06:48 +0000, Paul Walmsley wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Oct 2012, Paul Walmsley wrote:
>
> > Here are some basic OMAP test results for Linux v3.7-rc1.
> > Logs and other details at http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/test_v3.7-rc1/
>
> A few additional observations missing from the original message.
>
> > Failing tests: needing investigation
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > Boot tests:
> >
> > * 2420n800: boot hangs during UART initialization
> >   - http://lkml.org/lkml/2012/9/11/454
> >   - Various attempts at fixes posted; etiology known; issue still unresolved
> >
> > * CM-T3517: L3 in-band error with IPSS during boot
> >   - Cause unknown but see http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=134833869730129&w=2
> >   - Longstanding issue; does not occur on the 3517EVM
> >
> > * 3517EVM & CM-T3517: boot hangs with NFS root
> >   - Likely some Kconfig, board file, and PM issues with EMAC
> >
> > * CM-T3517: boot hangs with MMC boot
> >   - Due to missing MMC setup in board file
>
> * 4430es2panda: clockevents problems early in boot
>   - boots with dummy_timer
>   - no one-shot mode so no-HZ is likely to fail

I have a fix for this problem, however I am seeing this on omap4460
panda. The root cause seems to be that local timer init for OMAP is
using wrong interrupt number. It adds a wrong offset to the interrupt
(OMAP_INTC_START) which should be omitted. Will send a patch soon along
with a new version of core ret set.

-Tero