Booting mx31 on linux-next-20120517

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Wed May 23 11:59:50 EDT 2012

Shawn,

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 12:49 PM, Shawn Guo <shawn.guo at linaro.org> wrote:

> My imx51 babbage stops booting for the same cause.  And I tracked it
> down a little bit and it goes to regmap patch below.
>
> commit 91b5e741184ea9836cd7d7509e4f9b6eefa27df2
> Author: Marc Reilly <marc at cpdesign.com.au>
> Date:   Sun Apr 1 16:41:37 2012 +1000
>
>    mfd: Use regmap for the mc13xxx-core register access
>
>    This change converts the mc13xxx core to use regmap rather than direct
>    spi r/w.
>    The spidev member of mc13xxx struct becomes redundant and is removed.
>    Extra debugging aids are added to mc13xxx_reg_rmw.
>    Mutex init is moved to before regmap init.
>
> Marc,
>
> Have you tested the patch with spi access?  It seems not to me.

The original issue from this thread was solved by this patch:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg176093.html

For the mc13xxx hang, I started another thread:

Please check the details there and any help is appreciatted.

Marc told us that he has no hardware to test mc13xxx via SPI.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam