Booting mx31 on linux-next-20120517

Shawn Guo shawn.guo at linaro.org
Wed May 23 11:49:15 EDT 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 10:35:42AM -0300, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Philippe Rétornaz
> <philippe.retornaz at epfl.ch> wrote:
>
> > Try to disable the MC13783 Pmic. On mx31moboard I have the same hang and I can
> > clearly see that the board switchoff itself.
> > It looks like somebody is writing in the wrong register (regmap code?).
>
> You are right. If I disable the mc13783 driver then the boots proceed.
>
> I will take a look at the mc13783 driver. If you also spot anything
> wrong there, please let us know.

My imx51 babbage stops booting for the same cause.  And I tracked it
down a little bit and it goes to regmap patch below.

commit 91b5e741184ea9836cd7d7509e4f9b6eefa27df2
Author: Marc Reilly <marc at cpdesign.com.au>
Date:   Sun Apr 1 16:41:37 2012 +1000

    mfd: Use regmap for the mc13xxx-core register access

    This change converts the mc13xxx core to use regmap rather than direct
    spi r/w.
    The spidev member of mc13xxx struct becomes redundant and is removed.
    Extra debugging aids are added to mc13xxx_reg_rmw.
    Mutex init is moved to before regmap init.

Marc,

Have you tested the patch with spi access?  It seems not to me.

--
Regards,
Shawn