[GIT PULL] ARM: OMAP2+: PM: core support for SMPS regulators for v3.4

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Sun Mar 11 16:42:33 EDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 07:29:28AM -0800, Kevin Hilman wrote:
> Mark Brown <broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com> writes:

> > Absolutely not, the for-next branch is rebuilt frequently especially
> > since it includes stuff sent to Linus and he complained about bugfixes
> > merged up into development code.  What is the actual dependency here?

> The stuff is in your topic/drivers branch.  Specifically:

> ed5da2a mfd: twl-core: regulator configuration for twl6030 V1V8, V2V1 SMPS
> 77a3915 regulator: twl-regulator: Add fixed LDO for V1V8, V2V1 supply
> d64214b regulator: twl: adapt twl-regulator driver to dt
> 3e1ff1f regulator: twl6030: add support for vdd1, vdd2 and vdd3 regulators
> 1a4a805 regulator: twl4030: add support for external voltage get/set

Oh, ick.  That really is quite buried and probably depends on some of
the earlier changes too.

> > The topic branches are more or less static, though some more than
> > others.

> Is topic/drivers something stable?  If not, these are a ways back in
> that branch, maybe you make a topic/drivers-stable for us?

The branch itself is essentially stable but I'm not enthused about the
idea of merging the whole thing via the OMAP tree.  However, as Linus
has released an -rc7 I should pull some stuff out of there and send
fixes to him so I've created a topic/twl so let's just rebase.

> > In general you should warn people if you've got a dependency on their
> > tree, it makes life easier.

> Yeah, I should've raised this when the original series were posted.  The
> arch stuff and drivers/regulator stuff were posted all together, but you
> picked out the regulator stuff and I picked up the rest.

Actually IIRC by the time I applied this the ARM changes had been
totally deteched from the regulator stuff - Tero was sending just the
regulator patch by itself and I actually applied the patch it was part
of a twl regulator series Rajendra put together after I got fed up with
the number of people sending me incompatible changes without talking to
each other.  I'd completely forgotten about any arch/arm stuff.

This sort of issue is becoming far too common with the OMAP stuff, there
needs to be a much greater awareness of the need to coordinate both
between trees and with multiple people working on the same code.

The following changes since commit dcd6c92267155e70a94b3927bce681ce74b80d1f:

  Linux 3.3-rc1 (2012-01-19 15:04:48 -0800)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/regulator.git tags/topic/twl

for you to fetch changes up to 46eda3e96a65b378041c79c51ff2e02009f7e2d0:

  mfd: twl-core: regulator configuration for twl6030 V1V8, V2V1 SMPS (2012-03-11 20:09:26 +0000)

TWL specific changes, cross-merged with OMAP due to arch/arm wanting to
use the new ability to override the voltage set and get operations to
support the in-CPU voltage management.  The other changes are minor
fixes, the addition of a few new regulators and device tree support.

Laxman Dewangan (1):
      regulator: twl6030: Fix voltage selection logic

Peter Ujfalusi (2):
      regulator: twl-regulator: Add fixed LDO for V1V8, V2V1 supply
      mfd: twl-core: regulator configuration for twl6030 V1V8, V2V1 SMPS

Rajendra Nayak (1):
      regulator: twl: adapt twl-regulator driver to dt

Tero Kristo (2):
      regulator: twl4030: add support for external voltage get/set
      regulator: twl6030: add support for vdd1, vdd2 and vdd3 regulators

 .../bindings/regulator/twl-regulator.txt           |   68 ++++
 drivers/mfd/twl-core.c                             |   41 +++-
 drivers/regulator/twl-regulator.c                  |  327 +++++++++++++++-----
 include/linux/i2c/twl.h                            |   14 +-
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/regulator/twl-regulator.txt