[GIT PULL] ARM: OMAP2+: PM: core support for SMPS regulators for v3.4

Kevin Hilman khilman at ti.com
Fri Mar 9 10:29:28 EST 2012

Mark Brown <broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com> writes:

> On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 04:32:18PM -0800, Tony Lindgren wrote:
>> * Kevin Hilman <khilman at ti.com> [120308 09:37]:
>> > Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com> writes:
>
>> > Oh, that's because it depends on the regulator core changes that are in
>> > Mark's regulator tree.  You need the for-next branch of :
>
>> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/regulator.git
>
>> > For this to compile correctly.
>
>> > Sorry, I should've been more clear above about the build dependency.
>
>> Hmm just checking.. Recently Mark replied to Peter:

>> So can you guys please confirm that if is indeed an immutable
>> commit to use as a base to merge in something?
>
> Absolutely not, the for-next branch is rebuilt frequently especially
> since it includes stuff sent to Linus and he complained about bugfixes
> merged up into development code.  What is the actual dependency here?

The stuff is in your topic/drivers branch.  Specifically:

ed5da2a mfd: twl-core: regulator configuration for twl6030 V1V8, V2V1 SMPS
77a3915 regulator: twl-regulator: Add fixed LDO for V1V8, V2V1 supply
d64214b regulator: twl: adapt twl-regulator driver to dt
3e1ff1f regulator: twl6030: add support for vdd1, vdd2 and vdd3 regulators
1a4a805 regulator: twl4030: add support for external voltage get/set

> The topic branches are more or less static, though some more than
> others.

Is topic/drivers something stable?  If not, these are a ways back in
that branch, maybe you make a topic/drivers-stable for us?

> In general you should warn people if you've got a dependency on their
> tree, it makes life easier.

Yeah, I should've raised this when the original series were posted.  The
arch stuff and drivers/regulator stuff were posted all together, but you
picked out the regulator stuff and I picked up the rest.

Kevin