Current state of AM33xx patches

Hiremath, Vaibhav hvaibhav at ti.com
Wed Jun 27 08:13:18 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 17:12:03, Nori, Sekhar wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> On 6/25/2012 11:47 PM, Daniel Mack wrote:

> >> Great, thanks. So if things get upstreamed, which is the repo/branch
> >> they appear in? In other words: where is the code people should write
> >> patches against? I couldn't find an answer to that yet.
> >
> > ping?
>
> Bug fixes are always accepted against Linus's tree[1].
>
> For features, typically there is a -next branch that each subsystem
> maintainer has against which feature development happens. In case of
> OMAP, feature development happens against master branch of linux-omap
> tree[2]. One way to get to know the -next branches of all subsystem is
> to look at Next/Trees file of linux-next tree[3].
>
> Note that in case of ARM, sub-arch maintainers send the code to arm-soc
> maintainers who in turn have a branch which gets merged to linux-next.
>
> Hope that helps.

Just to clarify from AM335x perspective,

In case of AM335x, since the patches and complete BasePort support is still
not present in the Mainline (neither in Linus's tree not in linux-omap), you
need to use my Repo (https://github.com/hvaibhav: Closely follows linux-
omap/master) in order to test something on BeagleBone platform.

Once we have all bits-n-pieces accepted/merged in the mainline, then all the
above process must be followed for patch submission.

Thanks,
Vaibhav