Current state of AM33xx patches

Sekhar Nori nsekhar at ti.com
Tue Jun 26 07:42:03 EDT 2012

Hi Daniel,

On 6/25/2012 11:47 PM, Daniel Mack wrote:
> On 21.06.2012 15:50, Daniel Mack wrote:

>>> Page updated now...
>>>
>>> http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Sitara_Linux_Upstream_Status#AM335x_Linux_Status
>>
>> Great, thanks. So if things get upstreamed, which is the repo/branch
>> they appear in? In other words: where is the code people should write
>> patches against? I couldn't find an answer to that yet.
>
> ping?

Bug fixes are always accepted against Linus's tree[1].

For features, typically there is a -next branch that each subsystem
maintainer has against which feature development happens. In case of
OMAP, feature development happens against master branch of linux-omap
tree[2]. One way to get to know the -next branches of all subsystem is
to look at Next/Trees file of linux-next tree[3].

Note that in case of ARM, sub-arch maintainers send the code to arm-soc
maintainers who in turn have a branch which gets merged to linux-next.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Sekhar

[1] http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git