Identifying Primecells

Pawel Moll pawel.moll at arm.com
Fri Sep 23 10:10:49 EDT 2011

> Is peripheral use documented at ARM for the lpc3130? What I don't know
> is if the peripherals have been modified or replaced with an
> alternative implementation.
>
> So I guess I need to figure out how to read the ID register.

I'm not sure what your problem exactly is, but if you want to know what
PeriphID for PL011 is, have a look here:

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.ddi0183g/I18381.html

So if your UART is PL011, reading four 8-bit wide registers at
* base + 0xfe0
* base + 0xfe4
* base + 0xfe8
* base + 0xfec
should give you (respectively):
* 0x11
* 0x10
* 0x_4 (_ depends on the cell revision)
* 0x00

Of course AMBA bus match_id will do this for you so, as I said, I'm not
sure what the problem is...

If you don't know what the base address is, well, only NXP and their
datasheet can help you here.

Cheers!

Paweł