Identifying Primecells

jonsmirl at gmail.com jonsmirl at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 09:35:57 EDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Rob Herring <robherring2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/23/2011 08:11 AM, jonsmirl at gmail.com wrote:
>>>>

>>> I'm not sure I understand the question.
>>>
>>> The primecell periph id numbers are only in the DT if they are wrong in
>>> the h/w for some reason. The compatible property should contain the
>>> device model number (i.e. "arm,pl011" for the uart).
>>
>> So how do I figure out which id numbers to use for the NXP LPC3130?
>> Is the UART a pl011?
>>
> The chip's documentation or ARM's documentation. The existing board
> code. Read each periph ID register.

Kernel support is out of tree, I'm trying to get it into shape for
submission. Nothing in the existing driver code mentions the
peripheral ID. I've asked NXP to identify them and they have not
responded.

Is peripheral use documented at ARM for the lpc3130? What I don't know
is if the peripherals have been modified or replaced with an
alternative implementation.

So I guess I need to figure out how to read the ID register.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com