[RFC] ARM: at91: gpio add mux check

Linus Walleij linus.walleij at linaro.org
Tue Oct 25 08:03:18 EDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 1:09 PM, Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD
<plagnioj at jcrosoft.com> wrote:
> On 10:39 Tue 25 Oct     , Linus Walleij wrote:
>> Is there an AT91 pinmux driver? If yes, I guess it's something custom and I
>> have only looked briefly at these. Generally I would recommend modeling
>> any muxing using the pinctrl subsystem but if and only if Torvalds decide to
>> pull it in.
>
> Yes I start to implement one

Yes! Way to go! I just tried to convince Torvalds to pull this subsystem
in so it's nice to see some traction.

> but I've need to hardcode in the driver the pull, multidrive per function

For the next kernel cycle I (and I guess Steven & the others)
surely want to provide the right interfaces to do also this kind
of stuff. Help us iron it out!

Yours,
Linus Walleij