GIC MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER branches

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Tue Oct 25 04:28:55 EDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 09:48:16AM +0200, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Marc Zyngier <maz at misterjones.org> [111024 16:59]:
> > I've stashed my patches for MULTI_IRQ_HANDLER on the following branches:
> > git://github.com/mzyngier/arm-platforms.git gic-multi-irq
> > git://github.com/mzyngier/arm-platforms.git gic-multi-irq-asm
> >
> > This is based on Russell's smp branch, plus my PPI patches that Russell
> > has already pulled for the upcoming merge window.
> >
> > The difference between the two branches is that the second is keeping
> > the ASM version of the GIC handler instead of a C version.
> >
> > The C version has been tested on VE, Realview, Tegra, and OMAP2/3/4.
> > The ASM version has only been tested on OMAP4.
>
> For the record, boots fine on omap1/2/3/4 like I replied earlier
> with my Tested-by.
>
> Can people please test this series on all subarchs so Marc can
> then remove the remaining assembly code too.

My feeling is that this is too disruptive to take for 3.2 now that the
merge window is open: just adding Marc's PPI patches on Sunday caused
a number of _horrible_ conflicts crop up.  This probably is no
different.

So, let's postpone this kind of stuff until after this merge window has
closed.

(BTW, Linus won't be pulling major stuff which hasn't been in linux-next -
see the 3.1 announcement.)