[GIT PULL] DEBUG_LL platform updates for 3.2

Nicolas Pitre nicolas.pitre at linaro.org
Thu Oct 13 09:39:03 EDT 2011

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 10:30:11AM +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:

> > > Could you please do the same with the following:
> > >
> > >   git://git.linaro.org/people/nico/linux.git mach_memory_h
> > >
> > > Russell pulled it at some point, and dropped it due to concerns about
> > > repeated conflict resolutions (or so I presume).  I just did a test
> > > merge between your for-next branch and the above and that looked trivial
> > > enough.
> >
> > Ok, done.
>
> Bypassing maintainers stinks - especially when there are unaddressed
> comments outstanding.  Nicolas has "simplified" my objections in this
> request for you to pull - and has completely ignored the problem that
> it breaks ZBOOT_ROM by deleting the zreladdr definitions on EP93xx
> with no way for that to be provided.

I also told you that EP93xx doesn't use ZBOOT_ROM anywhere, and that
this was approved by the EP93xx maintainers.

Furthermore I said that I intended to make ZBOOT_ROM dependent on
CONFIG_PHYS_OFFSET, given that PHYS_OFFSEt and zreladdr are intimately
related which I also explained previously.  This doesn't have to go in
right away though.  But if this is one of your _requirements_, I'd have
appreciated you made it clearer instead of letting me to dry without any
feedback, especially when I re-re-re-pinged you last week and before.

So much for having lectured me on proper communication.

Nicolas