[RFC 2/5] ARM: OMAP: omap_device: add a method to set iommu private archdata

Ohad Ben-Cohen ohad at wizery.com
Tue Oct 4 15:54:44 EDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 8:15 PM, Kevin Hilman <khilman at ti.com> wrote:
> The approach is OK with me, but I'm a bit torn about whether or not to
> merge this since the need for this should go away when converting to DT.

I guess it will still take some time until our boards are fully
functional with DT, so I think we should regard this as an interim
solution. Without this patch, a huge deal of code consolidation and
generalization is gated (namely - generic iommu and dma api, and
everything that depends on it, e.g. rpmsg/remoteproc).

> Is anyone working on IOMMU DT description?

Unless Benoit is, I'll happily pick this up.

> I guess if I do merge this, we can also clean this up significantly
> after all devices are converted to DT.

Sure.

> Unless it has other dependencies on Benoit's further DT patches, you can
> base this on my for_3.2/omap_device-2 branch which includes Benoit's
> alloc changes.

Ok, thanks a lot !
Ohad.