[PATCH v4 0/7] add initial imx6q support
shawn.guo at freescale.com
Sun Oct 2 22:40:31 EDT 2011
On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 11:04:26PM +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 September 2011, Shawn Guo wrote:
> > This patch series adds the initial support for imx6q, which is a
> > Cortex-A9 Quad Core based SoC.
> > We chose to add imx6q support into mach-imx other than mach-mx5 or
> > a new mach-mx6, because we intend to merge mach-mx5 into mach-imx, so
> > that we have only mach-imx for imx family.
> > It's based on linux-next-20110926 with some prerequisite patches
> > not showing up on linux-next applied.
> How should we best proceed on this series? Sascha, do you want to
> take the next version into your tree once Shawn has addressed the
> remaining comments, or should I just take the patches with your
> Shawn, what are the current dependencies? I will have to pull
> in the other branches that this depends on into the next/soc
> tree and then wait for those to get merged first before I send
> this to Linus.
Thanks for asking, Arnd.
The latest version (v5) of this series that I will send shortly has
the dependencies on the following branches.
* rmk's for-next branch with the following additional patches wait for
rmk to apply:
- ARM: l2x0: add empty l2x0_of_init (Rob Herring)
- ARM: cache-l2x0: add resume entry for l2 in secure mode (Barry Song)
- ARM: localtimer: add header linux/errno.h explicitly (Shawn Guo)
- ARM: smp: Add an IPI handler callable from C code (Marc Zyngier)
- ARM: smp: Add a localtimer handler callable from C code (Shawn Guo)
* Rob Herring's "GIC OF bindings" series, currently on
tglx has picked up the two that are irq core related. And I'm not
sure about the branch that Rob will push others to.
* Branches that will be merged into arm-soc
- Sascha's imx-cleanup
- Sascha's imx-features
- [GIT PULL] DEBUG_LL platform updates for 3.2 (Will Deacon)
More information about the linux-arm-kernel