Support for ARM940T core Samsung S3C2510A MCU under Linux

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Sat Mar 19 16:14:04 EDT 2011

On Saturday 19 March 2011, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 10:53, Madhavi Manchala <madhavi.linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have one basic question about the architecture files in Linux
> > kernels. We have a board with Samsung S3C2510A MCU (ARM940T core)
> > which is a no-mmu based CPU. I heard that "there was not a lot of ARM
> > no-mmu support at the moment" from Ben Dooks.
> >
> > So, I started developing the architecture files for my Samsung
> > S3C2510A MCU (ARM940T core) by looking at the existing S3C2410A
> > (ARM920 core) architecture files. Is this my porting (developing the
> > architecture files) correct?
> >
> > How can I port the Linux on to my board which has a Samsung S3C2510A
> > MCU (ARM940T core) which is a NO-MMU based CPU?
> >
> > Please suggest me. It would be appreciated your help / suggestions.
>
> I think the uClinux mailing list (CCed) is a more appropriate mailing list for
> your questions.

It depends. Any questions regarding the ARM kernel should be on the
arm-linux-kernel (also CCed now), since the nommu support is merged
with the mainline kernel.

uClinux seems to be rather focused on m68knommu (coldfire) these days,
and contains both a kernel and user space. The last uClinux release
containst some changes for Samsung platforms (s3c24a0, s3c3410,
s3c44b0x and s5c7375). It's probably a good idea to look at that
code for reference, but I would suggest integrating the code for
your platform in the upstream  tree directly.

I could not find a git tree for uClinux that contains any recent
kernel. Does that exist?

	Arnd