questions about arm trustzone

shiraz hashim shiraz.linux.kernel at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 08:02:26 EST 2011

Hello Santosh,

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 5:16 PM, Santosh Shilimkar
<santosh.shilimkar at ti.com> wrote:
[...]

> The code above won't give major details of how the monitor mode is
> implemented.  But as Russell said, it's pretty much vendor specific.
>
> On OMAP, We have standard API interfaces to enter into monitor
> world. One of the parameter denotes the kind of service, is
> requested.

Sorry if following are very naive.
What should be the attributes of a monitor implementation.
- Should it be un-modifiable.
- Does it run in normal (non-secure) mode ?
- Who programs the monitor (and its vector addresses) ?
- Would monitor intend to provide fixed services and how does it
decides that the request for a particular service is valid enough to
enter secure world ?
- Are monitors debuggable ?

thanks in advance for any kind help.

--